BAHAMA VILLA RENTAL, EXUMA, BAHAMAS....SELL
BAHAMA VILLA RENTAL~is an established major supplier of Rental Homes in Exuma, Bahamas. We can connect you with the best Real Estate Agents and Brokers on Exuma
Looking to Sell Your Property?
We will gladly assist you in selling your home, apartment or other property. We are always looking for single family houses, townhouses, duplexes, apartments, condominiums and land plots to offer our eager customers.
you can count on:
- A competent and fair appraisal of property value
- A professional sales pitch & advertising campaign online, in the local press, and through our own media outlets
- Access to our customer database and other resources
- Frequent showings of the property to potential buyers
- Customized contracts for complete freedom & financial security
How to Improve the "Curb Appeal" of Your Home
Aroma plays a subtle but important role in a buyer's decision. Air fresheners, candles and diffusers can do the trick. Your home will smell great and be more enticing to buyers.
Trimming hedges and trees and cleaning the windows also helps. If your home looks unkept from the outside, buyers will be more critical about details on the inside.
Call us at:
732-391-5164 ~ USA
242-445-7350 ~ BAHAMAS CELL CHARLES
or contact online to find out more about tips and tricks on improving your "curb appeal."
Helpful Hints in Preparing for the Sale of Your Home
To facilitate the sales process, please make sure to gather the following information and documents pertaining to your property:
- Desired price
- Location (exact address)
- Type of real estate (house, condo, multi-unit, etc.)
- Year the property was built
- Exact dimensions
- Detailed floor plan
- Information about included appliances/furnishings
- Documentation proving ownership
- Brief description of the property
Once you are ready to put it up for sale, or if you are having trouble assembling the required documentation, please contact us. We're happy to assist you at every step of the process.
What Makes The Bahamas Unique
The Bahamas is comprised of 700 islands sprinkled over 100,000 square miles of ocean starting just 50 miles off the coast of Florida. The archipelago is an ecological oasis featuring 2,000 breathtaking islands and cays and boasts the clearest water on the planet—with a visibility of over 200 feet. You can see your toes as easily as you can the world’s third largest barrier reef.
We invite you to explore all of our islands. One step and you'll realize our beauty extends far beyond our extraordinary natural wonders. It’s the smiles on the faces of the Bahamian people. The unique sounds of our rich culture. The warm hospitality of our heritage and our colorful history.
BUYERS AND SELLERS GUIDE:
Finding That Special Piece of Property:
This is where a real estate agent becomes very important. Why Have An Agent? Peace of mind, reassurance, decreased frustration and savings in time and money are just a few advantages of working with a competent and trustworthy real estate professional. Knowledge, experience, (at least three years full time), integrity and a good sound reputation are credentials to look for when selecting an agent. Good rapport and communicate are essential. After all, the realtor must understand your wants and needs in order to advise you in making the right future investments.
The Buying Process:
Once you have chosen your property to purchase, a sales agreement needs to be signed and a ten percent deposit of the purchase price (this is the norm) will be required and held in escrow in order to take the property off of the market. Once both buyer and seller sign the agreement specifying the terms of the transaction it becomes a binding contract. It is necessary to hire a Bahamian attorney who will complete the title search, conveyance (exchange of ownership), handle the exchange and disbursements of all monies as well as oversee the signing and registration of all documents. The Closing and conveyance will occur after good title has been shown and the balance of the purchase has been paid. All closing costs, including legal fees, government stamp tax, real estate commissions and recording fees are then disbursed.
Real Estate Commission Fees:
- Unimproved property = 10% of the gross sales price
- Improved property = 6% of the gross sales price
- Commercial property, building or business = 10 % of the gross sales price
- Seller is responsible for real estate commissions.
- Buyer and seller typically share the stamp tax and are responsible for their individual attorney's fees. These are established by the Bahamas Bar Association, and typically amount to 2.5% of the gross sale price of the property. There is also a small recording fee when the title deeds are recorded at the Public Registry. If you do not have a Bahamian lawyer your realtor can provide you with recommendations and references.
Stamp Duties & Taxes:
Bahamas Government Stamp Tax on Property Conveyances are as follows:
- Up to and including $0 - $20,000 = 4%
- From $20,000.01 - $50,000.00 = 6%
- From $50,000.01 - 100,000.00 = 8%
- From $100,00.01 - 250,000.00 = 10%
- Over $250,000.00 = 10%
Buyer and seller split the Government stamp tax. 50/50
Exemption from Government Stamp Duty tax is for “the first and only home” of a purchaser and where the overall value of the transaction is $500,000.00 or less. The purchaser’s 50% of the overall stamp duty will be exempted. (If they reside in the dwelling-house for a minimum period of 9 months per year.)
Registration of Property and Permits:
Under the International Persons Landholding Act, permits are required for land purchases made by non-Bahamians only if the property being bought is larger than five contiguous acres or if the buyer intends to rent out all or a part of the real estate or to develop for commercial purposes.
Non-Bahamians must register their purchase of any type of property with the Secretary to the Foreign Investments Board. The fee to apply to register a property or to apply for a permit is $25.00. Once the certificate of registration or permit is issued the additional fees due depend on the value of the property.
- $50,000.00 or less = $50.00
- More than $50,000.00 and under $101,000.00 = $75.00
- More than $101,000.00 = $100.00
- The market value is defined by the last sale price of the property.
Real Property Tax:
All real estate owners must pay this once a year which is due on or before December 1st of each year.
For owner occupied property (must reside therein 9 months or more to qualify) the first $250,000.00 is tax exempt.
A five year exemption is available from the date of occupancy certificate for a first time owner/mortgagor but only for homes valued more than $250,000.00 but less than $500,000.00 which are used exclusively as a dwelling house (not a part of which is rented out.)
Unimproved property is tax exempt if owned by a Bahamian.
Property owned by a Bahamian in the family islands is also tax exempt.
Fees & Regulations:
Vacant land owned by Non-Bahamians is as follows of the full market value:-
- First $3,000.00 = $30.00
- The portion worth more than $3,000.00 and up to $100,000.00 = 1%
- On the portion worth more than $100,000.00 = 1.5%
- On the portion of value between $250,000 and up to $500,000= 0.75%
- On the portion of value between $500,000 and up to $5,000,000=1%
- On the portion of value In excess of $5,000,000 is now capped at $50,000.00
All other Properties including commercial is as follows: - (which most foreign 2nd home owners are now categorized as)
- First $500,000.00 = 1%
- Balance = 2%
There are many options and as everyone has unique circumstances this is a topic for discussion with your agent.
For more information about investing in The Bahamas and local real estate transactions please visit the following useful web sites:
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (below) and Family spent there Holiday on one of the many Islands/Cays in Exuma with Prince Aga Khan
Rich and Famous visiting Exuma in The Bahamas
Canadians love the Exumas from November thru May each year, when weather is at its worst in Canada....EXUMA is the boating capitol of the Bahamas for Canadians, USA, and Eurpoeans.
Other famous owners and vistors of the EXUMAS are:Prince Aga Khan (above photo), Faith Hill, David Copperfield, Mel Gibson, Richard Branson, Eddie Murphy,Larry Ellison, Paul Allen, Celine Dion,Tommy Lee, Louis Bacon, John Malone, Johnny Depp, Barclay Brothers,Craig McCaw, Dean Keamen to name a few.
(picture above seen in the CalgaryHerald.com)
BEACH FRONT PROPERTY FOR SALE INQUIRE WITHIN
Sparkling clean windows not only accentuate your views but tell the buyer you have taken great care of your home.
Learn more about how to sell your property.
Bahama Villa Rental
BH. LIC. #18 00119932
732-391-5164 ~ USA
242-445-7350 ~ BAHAMAS
- Real Estate Sales
- Development Consulation
- New Business Development
- Project Managers Service for your site
- Home Rental Services
- Conceirge Services
- Transportation Advise
- Rental Agents
- Property Management
- Pre-financing Liaison
- Insurance Liaison
- NARPM Member 2013-2014-2015-2016
- Community contact information
- Moving company recommendations
- Assistance in choosing a Builder
- Assistance in Land Surveyed
- Recommended Architectural Service
- Appraisals and Property Evaluations
- Charles Bodie, Secretary of Exuma Chamber of Commerce, 2013, 2014, 2015
Bahama Villa Rentals:
732-391-5164 ~ USA
Local Eateries, Exuma Bahamas
BEACHES OF EXUMA
POLICE MARCHING BAND
EXUMA's NATIONAL FAMILY ISLAND REGATTA ~
ACTIVITIES ON EXUMA
- WATER TUBING
- HARBOUR TOURS
- AROUND STOCKING ISLAND
- BOAT TOURS
- SNORKELING REEFS
- COOKING OUT ON THE BEACH
- BEACH EXPLORING
- UNEXPLORED BEACHES
- EXUMA'S SWIMMING WITH THE PIGS
- KITE SURFING
- SWIMMING WITH THE SHARKS
- SWIMMING WITH THE DOLPHINS
- FEEDING THE STING RAYS
- 18 HOLE GOLF COURSE~GREG NORMAN SIGNATURE GOLF COURSE
- SPA DAYS
- BEACH COMBING